China remains an environment where product and service quality and reliability are often in doubt. This suspicion, coupled with a natural tendency to avoid risk, explains why celebrity endorsement acts as a form of reassurance.
By utilizing Top western celebrities endorsements, entertainment brands or product placement, our clients can drastically increase the credibility and visibility of their brands; step up valuations and the likelihood of an IPO or financing for private companies aiming to raise capital.
A study by McKinsey & Co. found that Chinese consumers are “extremely brand conscious”, and 45% of consumers surveyed think brands are of better quality if they are well known.”
CEG was co-founded by a highly experienced team of Directors with substantial international media & entertainment experience and oversee a team of experienced local Chinese professionals.
The Founding Directors’ experience includes the following related China activity:
- Facilitated a multi-year endorsement deal between China’s largest sports apparel company, Li-Ning & NBA player, Baron Davis
- Facilitated a multi-year endorsement deal between 2-time NBA MVP Steve Nash with Luyou, a Chinese sports apparel company
- Under negotiation for an endorsement deal between a Chinese branded women’s apparel company and A-list Western female celebrity
- Brought 4 NBA players to a local Chinese beverage business for endorsement
- Facilitating a portfolio of NBA players to endorse a local Chinese beer business
- Facilitating spokesperson selection for a pre-IPO Chinese apparel company
- Introduced the lead designer for a top European luxury brand to a Chinese company for joint design and branding opportunities
- Finalizing a JV between a local Chinese hotel operator and a leading US Hollywood boutique hotel operator to launch a new Chinese brand
- Assisting with locating China investment for two major US sports franchise & related real estate assets
- Assisting with live events, television & film sponsorship and product placement
CEG sources, brokers and services the following opportunities for Chinese companies and international companies’ China operations:
- Endorsement deals with Western celebrities & athletes.
- Licensing deals with entertainment brands.
- Product placement into television and movies.
- Co-promotion with movies ahead of their launch in China.